In another edition of TBBA Role Models we meet Georgia Leonarde and learn more about her and her motivations for learning martial arts. We also learn more about earning her Black Belt and how much it has helped her in school and the rest of her life.
Georgia Leonarde Age: 14
1. How old were you when you started training at TBBA Martial Arts Academy?
I chose martial arts because my mum thought it was a good discipline to get me into.
2. How has Martial Arts training heled you at school?
It has made mealways try my best and resilient in what I do at school.
3. How do you balance homework against your training? Has it helped you to be more organised or helped you cope with the stress of moving up to a new school?
Training always takes my mind off of stress and less threatened when I was moving schools. I always try and do my homework in advance so I don’t have to rush it after training, so training has helped make me more organised.
4. Did you ever feel like quitting training?
No,Ive always loved it!
5. What was your drive to continue and achieve your Black Belt?
Since I started karate Ive always aspired to be like the Black Belts ahead of me.
6. If you had one piece of advice about balancing home/school/work and martial arts what would it be?
Don’t worry and stress about it. Just try and do it in advance so you can enjoy training without worrying.