The following ten universal laws are from one of my favorite books, Awakening the Warrior Within, by Dawn Callan. I think they’re always great to keep in mind as we reflect on our past performance and prepare and start 2015. They are…
1. Pay Attention. Stay in the present. It’s the only place anything real is happening.
2. Take Responsibility. This is your life, take it back. Either you get to own it or you get to blame someone or something else for it. Choose.
3. No Whining. It takes you out of the present and lets you abdicate responsibility.
4. Don’t Take Any Abuse. It’s very bad for one’s self esteem to take any abuse. Stand up to your tyrants, both internal and external. The cost is too great not to.
5. Do It Anyway. Hard choices temper our strength and our integrity; they make the difference between a life of excellence and a life of mediocrity.
6. Don’t Quit. Look at what stops you, at what makes you give up. That is the edge between becoming a victim or a warrior.
7. Keep Your Agreements. A warrior is only as good as his or her wprd. The way we build self-trust and trust in others is by making and keeping agreements.
8. Keep Your Sense of Humor. Otherwise what’s the point? Humor helps us stretch beyond our own limits and ourselves.
9. Love One Another. Otherwise where’s the meaning? It’s the way we remember we’re not along in the universe.
10. Honor Your Connection to the Source. There is a force in the universe, greater than ourselves that creates us, provides for us, cares for us, guides us. and loves us. It speaks to us from within. Trust it.